Twelvetide Drabbles Challenge 2022
Twelvetide Drabbles Challenge 2022
December 24th, 2022 - January 6th, 2023
Write or draw, and raise money for
The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies was selected again this year to be the recipient of the proceeds from a writing challenge, The Twelvetide Drabbles. The Twelvetide Drabble Challenge is a fourteen-day challenge to raise money by creating works in response to daily prompts and submitting them to a collection. People can then pledge money per creative piece to help raise money for The Partnership.
You can get involved in two ways:
- Create and Submit Works. Anyone may create works -- written works, artworks, or audio-visual works -- and submit them to the collection during the challenge period. The Archive of Our Own collection is opened for posting submissions until 9:00pm ET on January 6, 2023.
If you have or choose to create an Archive of Our Own account you are able to post works directly to the collection.
If you don’t have or don’t wish to create an Archive of Our Own account you may submit works through this Google form and the challenge coordinator will post on your behalf.
- Pledge to Donate. You may pledge to donate an amount of money ($0.05, $0.10, $0.50, etc.) per each work created and added to the collection during the challenge period. When the challenge closes at 9:00 pm EST (UTC -5) on January 6th, 2023 the works will be counted up and those who pledged will be notified of the tallied up amount of their pledge donation. Donations may be made in a single lump sum or by installments.
The Twelvetide Drabbles Challenge interprets the idea of a “drabble” generally to mean a short, no-pressure work that gives you the opportunity to be expressive in whatever time you have in your day. A drabble can be written fiction, a piece of art, or an audio-visual composition; you have the power to choose what it is for you.
Throughout the challenge a daily newsletter will go out with a prompt reminder, an update about how many works have been posted and funds raised, links to contributed works, and more. Anyone may sign up to receive the updates here and/or read past newsletters here.
Social Media Hashtags: We encourage people to share their work(s) and share the challenge through their social networks. The hashtags are: #TwelvetideDrabbles and #12td22
Thank you to Twelvetide Drabble Challenge founder, Anna Clutterbuck-Cook for selecting The Partnership to be the recipient again this year!
If you have questions you can email Anna Clutterbuck-Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her on Twitter @feministlib.
Thank you for your ongoing support of The Partnership and happy creating!
- All textual entries should be short (100 words is, strictly speaking, the length of a drabble...you may hold yourself to that or just keep it brief).
- All art should be a single image.
- Audiovisual submissions should be a single file; they will need to be uploaded to another platform and embedded in the body of the Ao3 work.
- You may post multiple prompt fills per prompt; you do not have to post fills for every prompt. Participate at any level that works for you. You also don't need to post your prompt fills on the specific day for each fill (unless you want to hold yourself to that goal). We're flexible!
- Entries should be in response to / inspired by the day's prompt however directly, loosely, or subversively you wish to draw the connection.
- In order to count toward the drabble match donation, works must be posted between 9:00am EST (UST -5) on 24 December 2022 and 9:00pm EST (UST -5) on 6 January 2023. The collection at Ao3 will only be open for new works during this window of time.
- If you choose to publish some or all of your prompt fills as chapters in a single work each chapter will count as an independent submission for the purposes of the match fund.
- There aren't any other rules -- thanks for joining us!
SPOILERS BELOW: If you prefer to wait for the prompts to arrive daily in your Inbox, read no further!
12/27: Shoes or boots
12/29: Gloves or mittens