Below are upcoming events and recordings of past events available to the public.
This list gets updated at least once a week on Tuesdays.
If you would like an event added to this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9/19 at 1pm ET - Administration for Strategic Preparedness & Response (ASPR): Joint Meeting of Advisory Committees on Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities and Disasters
- 9/19 at 2pm ET - National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO) and World Institute on Disability (WID): National Preparedness Month - Disability and Access and Functional Needs Webinar Series
- 9/19 at 2:30pm ET - U.S. Department of Education: Briefing on Medicaid Renewal
- 9/19 at 5pm ET - FEMA Region 2 Preparedness Team and New Jersey Department of Education School Preparedness and Emergency Planning: Get Prepared with the Region 2 Preparedness Team
- 9/20 at 11am ET - FEMA Region 3: Coffee Break Webinar "Providing Clarity on the New Hazard Mitigation Planning Guidance"
- 9/20 at 12:30pm ET - FEMA Region 2 National Preparedness Division: Expanding Mitigation: Making the Connection to Older Adults
- Every Wednesday at 2pm ET - National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC): Disaster Housing Recovery Coalition
- Next Meeting: September 20th
- 9/20 at 7pm ET - United States Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (USSAAC): The 411 on Training 911 First Responders
- 9/21 at 3pm ET - Disability Vaccine Access Opportunities Center (DVAO): September training: Emergency Preparedness and Response for People with Disabilities
- 9/21 at 4pm ET - Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL): Listening Session to Commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Rehabilitation Act and the 10th Anniversary of the DHS Disability Access Directive
- Last Mondays of the month at 2pm ET - Colorado Emergency Management: National State Level Access & Functional Needs Meeting
- Next meeting: September 26th
- 9/27 at 1pm ET - FEMA Region 2 National Preparedness Division and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC): Scams Targeting Older Adults Before, During and After Disasters
- 9/27 & 9/28 - Administration for Community Living (ACL): Rehab Act 50th Anniversary Webinar Series
- 10/4 at 2:20pm ET - FEMA and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC): Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)
- Bi-Monthly - Arizona SILC: Partners in Preparedness Webinar
- 10/4 at 4pm ET Topic: Disaster Registries
- 2nd Thursdays of the month at 1:30pm ET - California Disaster Coalition Meeting: Topic Sessions
- 10/12 - 10/14 - Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living (APRIL): Annual Conference "The Magic of IL"
- [Save the Date] 11/1 - 11/2 at 12pm - 5pm ET - FEMA Office of Equal Rights: Civil Rights Summit 4.0
- 2nd Mondays of the month at 3pm ET - Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living (APRIL): Emergency Preparedness and Response Committee
- 1st Wednesdays of the month at 1pm ET - Washington Coalition on Inclusive Emergency Planning (CIEP) Stakeholder Calls
- Email Jim.House@dshs.wa.gov for details and Zoom link
- Schedule a 1-hour group strategy session to help WID build towards 2033.
- 7/11/23 - 7/12/23 - International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), Cal OES, Colorado Emergency Management, and NYU: National Access and Functional Needs Symposium Post-Event Package
- 6/22/23 - FEMA: Podcast Episode 117: A Recap of FEMA's Extreme Heat Summit and Discussion on How to Prepare Communities for Extreme Heat
- 6/20/23 - ACL in Senate Panel Discussion on the Importance of the Landmark SCOTUS Decision Olmstead v. L.C.
- 6/15/23 - Senate Hearing: Before Disaster Strikes: Planning for Older Americans and People with Disabilities in All Phases of Emergencies
- 6/8/23 - Elder Justice Coordinating Council: Meeting on Emergency Planning and World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD)
- 4/11/23 - 4/13/23 - Colorado Access and Functional Needs Conference: Resources & Follow Up
- 3/9/23 - Global Alliance for Disaster Resource Acceleration (GADRA): GADRA Activates to Türkiye and Syria
- 2/9/23 - Saving Institutional Lives Via Emergency Relocation (SILVER): "Still Dying in Place: Why and What Can We Do" Webinar
- 9/8/22 & 10/13/22 - California Disaster Coalition Meeting: Topic Sessions