Emergency Preparedness and People with Disabilities in Connecticut
This interactive and dynamic training series will jump-start the important process of emergency planning and preparedness that is truly inclusive for older residents, and those with disabilities in your community.
Training Module One, June 15: Overview of Disability Bias For Emergency Management Planning Professionals
- Why people with disabilities are left out of disaster planning
- People with access and functional needs (AFN)
- Discussion of disability bias and sensitivity
Training Module Two, June 22: Legal Obligations Of Emergency Management To People With Disabilities During Planning for Preparation, Mitigation, Response and Recovery Surrounding Disasters
- Overview of disability rights laws
- Definition of disability under the ADA
- Obligations to provide accessible programs and services in disasters and emergencies with examples, explanations, discussion, and strategies
Training delivered by The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies
The Partnership is the nation's disability-led inclusive emergency management subject matter experts. We are your resource hub before -during -and after disasters.